4 Deputy Public Prosecutors against a 23-year-old Singaporean Han Hui Hui



The 4 Deputy Public Prosecutors involved are:
1. Senior Director/Senior State Counsel/DPP Francis NG Yong Kiat
2. Deputy Senior State Counsel/DPP John LU Zhuoren
3. State Counsel/DPP Amanda CHONG Wei-Zhen
4. State Counsel/DPP Jane LIM Ern Hui

The following was the cross-examination that happened in Singapore’s state court against 23-year-old Singaporean Han Hui Hui who did not have any legal representation or legal aid.

Francis NG Yong Kiat: Now, earlier in evidence, there was a document D6 that was tendered. This is an invoice from Valor Audio Visual LLP. Do you remember this document? Now, it states that there is damage to spoiled cables and that cost a total of $20. Do you recognise this or do you remember seeing this? Now, what was the damage to cables on the 27th of September 2014?
Han Hui Hui: Someone cut the cable.

Francis NG Yong Kiat: When you say by---when you say "cut the cables", how many cables are you talking about?
Han Hui Hui: Do you want to call them that particular company as the witness to the stand?

Francis NG Yong Kiat: No, it is your evidence so I'm going to ask you about the evidence that you have given. Did you see the damage to the cables? Did you see the damaged cables? Did you see anyone damaging the cables?
Han Hui Hui: Yes.

Francis NG Yong Kiat: Now, can you tell who these people are?
Han Hui Hui: YMCA people.

Francis NG Yong Kiat: Can you describe more about these YMCA people?
Han Hui Hui: I have the photos, do you want to see them?

#YMCA #Christian #Association #Protect #Minister #Push #Children #Cut #Cable #Destroy #SoundSystem

A photo posted by Han Hui Hui 韩慧慧 (@huihui247) on



Francis NG Yong Kiat: Did you take these photos? Because I assume they look like two photographs that have been put together?
Han Hui Hui: Yup.

Francis NG Yong Kiat: And what time did you take these photographs?
Han Hui Hui: I was running from the mound to the toilet, then after that I passed by the side of the tentage, I saw the two of them behaving suspiciously so I took the photo.

Francis NG Yong Kiat: So you just testified that you did not know what they were doing so you took the photograph first. Is that your evidence? So if you did not know what they were doing, how is it that you testified
earlier that they were damaging the cables?
Han Hui Hui: Because later on the sound system guy, when I showed him this photo, he said "Yes, the cables are being cut off already".

Francis NG Yong Kiat: Do you agree that this photo does not show anyone damaging the cables?
Han Hui Hui: Then what does it show the YMCA people are doing?

Francis NG Yong Kiat: You tell me.
Han Hui Hui: Destroying the sound system.

Francis NG Yong Kiat: Because from what I can see, there is only someone in the lower photo that is touching something, I can't tell whether it's a cable or not, but it shows one person wearing a red shirt. You can't even tell whether this is---this person is from the YMCA or from the CPF protest, are touching something. Do you agree?
Han Hui Hui: Which is why we have said many times that we need the CCTV at Hong Lim Park, so that we can see the full picture.

Francis NG Yong Kiat: Now, even assuming that the cables were isn't it possible that an animal like a rat or hamster might have bitten through the cables?
Han Hui Hui: Are you trying to say that Hong Lim Park is like Bukit Batok infested with rats?

Francis NG Yong Kiat: YMCA did change the starting time at various points prior to 27th September 2014, wouldn't you agree that it is prerogative of the organiser of an event to decide what time an event should start?
Han Hui Hui: The organiser of which event?

Francis NG Yong Kiat: I want you to tell me. So is it your evidence that if I log in to my own Facebook account, I wouldn't be able to see anything on that page, "Han Hui Hui"?
Han Hui Hui: What thing would you like to see?

Francis NG Yong Kiat: Now, would I be able to see content on that page?
Han Hui Hui: If you were to go to facebook.com/huihui247 now, the only content you can see is what I like.

Francis NG Yong Kiat: I don't know what you like nor do I really want to know. But !---maybe I will just put this to you. Someone logging in to their own Facebook account, would be able to see posts that you have made on Han Hui Hui Facebook page. And when I say Han Hui Hui Facebook page, I'm referring to the Facebook page that does not have your Chinese characters.
Han Hui Hui: No, not everyone.

Francis NG Yong Kiat: Sorry, what do you mean by not everyone? I'm asking for a person. If I log in, do I have to be your friend to see what is on that page?
Han Hui Hui: For the facebook.com/huihui247 which is just Han Hui Hui without the Chinese name, in order to see my postings, I have to set it to public and then I have to share it.

Francis NG Yong Kiat: Well, earlier on, and perhaps you could help us all here, you testified that the 27th of September 2014 was the fourth CPF event, the other three being on---in June, July and August 2014, isn't that your evidence?
Han Hui Hui: That was what NParks director testified in Court.

Francis NG Yong Kiat: So what is your evidence? How many CPF events were there before the 27th of September 2014? A rough number will do, Ms Han.
Han Hui Hui: About 10 events.

Francis NG Yong Kiat: And all of these 10 events were held at Hong Lim Park?
Han Hui Hui: Yup.

Francis NG Yong Kiat: And did you apply to the Commissioner of Parks and Recreation for permission to give speeches on all these 10 occasions?
Han Hui Hui: There's no need to apply to anyone.

Francis NG Yong Kiat: So you didn't apply for permission to---from NParks to give speeches on these occasions?
Han Hui Hui: There is a notification form, and that's about it. Whereby we fill in and we get an immediate email, that's it.

Francis NG Yong Kiat: Right. So you basically applied through the NParks website to give speeches on these 10 occasions?
Han Hui Hui: That is actually a notification form. But it is after our case whereby they started to change the law on the Public Order Act and they also started to revamp the NParks website.

Francis NG Yong Kiat: I'll my colleague to navigate to that page - is substantially identical to the page as it appeared at the time you applied for the 27th of September event, and you didn't challenge him on that.
Han Hui Hui: It's not that we didn't challenge him on it but it was either objected or rejected. And another issue is that, from the evidence we have presented on the 20 minutes video during Wednesday. We actually saw how the NParks director actually said that he revoked my permit. However, he came to Court and he said that he didn't revoke my permit. So how can the Nparks director be trusted, right?

Francis NG Yong Kiat: Your evidence now is that you were allegedly told by someone from NParks that you should never ever click "demonstration"?
Han Hui Hui: Just like how the NParks director told me on 27th September itself as well. Like how I should hold the event and activities at Hong Lim Park. But later on, I'm being charged for the activities at Hong Lim Park.

Francis NG Yong Kiat: Now I put it to you that you only applied to the Commissioner of Parks and Recreation on the 22nd of September 2014 to give a speech at Speakers' Comer on the 27th of September 2014, you agree?
Han Hui Hui: Over there, they only allow us to have the three options. There's no option of having an event at Hong Lim Park.

Francis NG Yong Kiat: Now, be that as it may, I put it to you, and I repeat myself again, that you only applied to the Commissioner of Parks and Recreation to give a speech at Speakers' Comer on the 27th September 2014?
Han Hui Hui: Because there are only three options and there's no fourth option which is to hold an event.

Francis NG Yong Kiat: I further put it to you that you did not apply to the Commissioner of Parks and Recreation to hold a demonstration at Speakers' Comer on 27th September 2014.
Han Hui Hui: The website only allows people to fill in and choose one option and submit the application form only once before the 27th September 2014.



Francis NG Yong Kiat: I further suggest to you that you have actually made up your evidence in Court earlier about this encounter with grassroots leaders on the 24th of September 2014, you agree or disagree?
Han Hui Hui: No, I did not. And it can be seen from the CCTV at Hong Lim Park on 25th September 2014.

Francis NG Yong Kiat: Well, I have not seen any CCTV. I put it to you that prior to the 27th of September 2014, you were actually planning to confront, right, a PAP MP.
Han Hui Hui: I did not ask anyone to confront, I did not plan to confront and I did not confront at the end of the day.

Francis NG Yong Kiat: So I put it to you that prior to 27th September 2014, you had decided to march around Hong Lim Park on the 27th of September 2014?
Han Hui Hui: Actually I have also said that I want to march around Singapore, Istana, Parliament, everything.

Francis NG Yong Kiat: Now, why did you draw attention in your Facebook post? PAP MP, or more specifically Mr Teo Ser Luck at the event, the YMCA event?
Han Hui Hui: That is a fact.

Francis NG Yong Kiat: I know it's a fact but I'm asking why you did you draw attention to that fact?
Han Hui Hui: If you were to go to my Facebook right now, you will see that I posted a lot of thing during that period of time, like what Samantha said. I also posted, like, how the PAP lost about 80% of our CPF money. I posted about how Lee Hsien Loong are squandering our money away. I also posted about how Lee Hsien Loong is suing the people and in my speech, I mentioned about how the PAP used taxpayer's money to sue a citizen for defamation.

Francis NG Yong Kiat: Now, I put it to you, that the reason why you drew attention to the fact that a MP---or Mr Teo Ser Luck would be at Hong Lim on the 27th of September 2014 is because you intended his arrival at Hong Lim Park to be trigger to start your demonstration.
Han Hui Hui: No, that's not true. Because at the same period of time I actually posted a lot of other evidences as well. And every single day I will target one particular minister, yet you only selectively choose this one particular photo so that you can politically persecute me.

Francis NG Yong Kiat: Now, and I put it to you that you had, prior to 27th September 2014, asked people attending your event to bring equipment?
Han Hui Hui: I do not know where the flag come from, where the drum come from. And, in fact, when I attended the first event in August 2013, they brought all these by themselves.

Francis NG Yong Kiat: Now, on the 27th of September 2014, you agree what Mr Chai Seng Jiang from NP arks spoke to you before the start of the YMCA event?
Han Hui Hui: He said that he revoked my license then later on said that the protest activities were supposed to be at Hong Lim Park.

Francis NG Yong Kiat: So I'll take that as a yes, you agree that he spoke to you before the YMCA event commenced?
Han Hui Hui: I only know that he was the NParks director after he testified in Court, not on that day itself.

Francis NG Yong Kiat: Well, but I'm asking you whether you spoke to Mr Chia Seng Jiang before the YMCA event commenced.
Han Hui Hui: I only know him after he testified in Court.

Francis NG Yong Kiat: Your Honour, I record that as the witness having said yes.
Han Hui Hui: I did not say yes that I spoke to him and I did not know if he was impersonating someone. I do not know if he was enforcing a duty and I do not know if he was really the NParks director on 27th September itself.

Francis NG Yong Kiat: Now, and I put it to you that Mr Chia spoke to you shortly before 3.00pm on the 27th of September 2014.
Han Hui Hui: The group of gangster approached me at 2.30.

Francis NG Yong Kiat: Now, during the conversation he had with you, he told you that if you wanted to march, you could do so at, what we have called in these proceedings, the east lawn of Hong Lim Park, do you recall that?
Han Hui Hui: I recall him saying that he revoked my license then later on said that the activities are supposed to be at Hong Lim Park.

Francis NG Yong Kiat: During the conversation, he told you that if you wanted to march, you could do so at the east lawn of Hong Lim Park?
Han Hui Hui: What I recall from the video is that he was unable to produce his identification and he told me that he is revoking my license but he refused to give me any evidence. And then after that, he told me that the protest activities are supposed to be at Hong Lim Park.

Francis NG Yong Kiat: Now, I put it to you that during the conversation, he told you that if you wanted to march, you could do so at the east lawn of Hong Lim Park.
Han Hui Hui: I recall him saying that he revokes my license but then later testified in Court that he did not do that.

Francis NG Yong Kiat: So, I therefore put it to you that your permit to give a speech---or the permission given to you to give a speech on the 27th of September 2014 was not revoked.
Han Hui Hui: There was never a permit required to hold any speeches or demonstration at Hong Lim Park. Because Hong Lim Park's Speakers' Corner is an unrestricted area, Singapore's one and only venue available for protest under the Singapore's Public Order Act.

Francis NG Yong Kiat: So you couldn't see what was on the stage on the 27th of September 2014?
Han Hui Hui: There were people in front of me blocking me.

Francis NG Yong Kiat: And for ther record, how tall are you since we already have some of your statistics?
Han Hui Hui: 1.5

Francis NG Yong Kiat: So why did you stop at the stage and chant there if you're supposed to walk one round?
Han Hui Hui: Is there a law that says that if you're supposed to walk one round then you can't stop?

Francis NG Yong Kiat: Did you see the Y-Stars on stage?
Han Hui Hui: I'm only 1.5 meters, do you expect me to see when they are so many tall people in front of me?

Francis NG Yong Kiat: So you didn't see them on stage? I see. Now, I put it to you that you, in fact, saw the Y-Stars coming out on stage.
Han Hui Hui: If I'm 2.5 meters instead of 1.5.

Francis NG Yong Kiat: The Y-Stars were pushed out on stage upon the MC seeing all of you approach. Is that part of your defence as well?
Han Hui Hui: That means the YMCA did push the people out, right?

Francis NG Yong Kiat: Yah, is that part of your defence as well?
Han Hui Hui: If the YMCA did push the people out, then it's a fact.

Francis NG Yong Kiat: Now, and I put it to you that not being content with disrupting with the Y Stars performance once, you in fact, led the marchers, you agree or disagree?
Han Hui Hui: In our charge sheet, it is the common intention to disrupt the YMCA event. But throughout this entire trial, the direction that the four of you have said is not consistent. In the first part of the trial, you all said that it was because of the mound that was disruptive. Then after that, on Wednesday you all said that it was because of holding the placard it becomes disruptive.

Francis NG Yong Kiat: I put it to you that not being content with disrupting the Y-Stars once, you, in fact, led the marches to make a second round when the Y-Stars were still performing in order to disrupt them. You
agree or disagree?
Han Hui Hui: First of all, I was not aware there was Y-Star. Second, I did not disrupt them. And third, I cannot disrupt something that I do not even know exist.

Francis NG Yong Kiat: So I put it to you that you, in fact, led a second march back to the stage when the Y-Stars was still performing?
Han Hui Hui: Are you trying to say that YMCA recklessly pushed the down syndrome performance on stage and forced to perform even when we were approaching the stage?

Francis NG Yong Kiat: At this point onwards, you could have turned left and gone back to the mound, do you agree?
Han Hui Hui: According to Sim Bee Lan, Hong Lim Park is a free area, everybody can do whatever they want.

Francis NG Yong Kiat: So I put it to you that after this point which I paused the video, you actually led the marches, intruded into the main tent and shouted slogans at the YMCA volunteers and beneficiaries; agree, disagree?
Han Hui Hui: Is it possible for a 23-year old girl to lead such a big crowd into the tent?

Francis NG Yong Kiat: Now, did you just see this poor helpless volunteer here who had to move to her right to shield or block the beneficiaries?
Han Hui Hui: Are you trying to say that YMCA used human as shield?

Francis NG Yong Kiat: Yes, I believe, unfortunately.
Han Hui Hui: Just like how they pushed the children out to protect Teo Ser Luck?

Francis NG Yong Kiat: Now, did you just hear the MC making an announcement as your march is going on that a ballet performance is actually going to be next item?
Han Hui Hui: Assuming if you are in a shopping mall with a large group of people and someone make the announcement through the sound system, do you think you can hear it?

Francis NG Yong Kiat: Now, can you see that the performance on stage are actually kids or young children?
Han Hui Hui: Can you see where am I? Can you see who are in front of me?

Francis NG Yong Kiat: No.
Han Hui Hui: Were there people in front me?

Francis NG Yong Kiat: So I put it to you that you intended to disrupt the YMCA event, and spoil the enjoyment of the persons gathered there to enjoy the event.
Han Hui Hui: For this whole part of the video that you have shown, I am not inside, I was not shouting and can't even hear my voice.

Francis NG Yong Kiat: Again, I put it to you, Ms Han, that the reason why you can't really be seen here is because you're actually too short. Agree, disagree?
Han Hui Hui: Since you said that I'm too short, then do you think that I can see? And in the first place, I'm not even there?

Francis NG Yong Kiat: Do you think that all those members of the public attending the YMCA event would have been annoyed by the actions of you and the marchers that day?
Han Hui Hui: Are they members of public or are they the YMCA?

Francis NG Yong Kiat: Do you think that all the members of the public attending the YMCA event, whether they are beneficiaries would have been annoyed by the actions of you and the marchers that day?
Han Hui Hui: Define members of public and YMCA beneficiaries?

Francis NG Yong Kiat: I put it to you that the members of the public and the beneficiaries attending the YMCA event that day were annoyed by the actions of you and the marchers that you were leading.
Han Hui Hui: If they were annoyed or find this a public nuisance, then shouldn't it be endangering their lives, properly or something else? And if let's say they were annoyed, they would have complained to the YMCA, they would have reported to the police, and they would have asked someone to stop, especially the NParks director and police who claimed to be there, right?

Francis NG Yong Kiat: I put it to you that on the 27th of September 2014, you intended to disrupt the YMCA Proms @ the Park event being held on that day in Hong Lim Park. Agree or disagree?
Han Hui Hui: I disagree, as mentioned earlier, we have already said that normally I will always give my speeches after 5 o'clock. But after knowing that the YMCA is holding their event and having the guest of honor coming at 5 o'clock, I purposely hold my event at 3 o'clock because I do not want to hurt the children. But I didn't know, like what you said, YMCA would use human and shield and push the children out just to protect the PAP MP Teo Ser Luck. And as we can see from all the videos presented in Court, the public was able to put up with it for they do know that they were at Hong Lim Park and it was a during a protest and this is what was expected. Even Abraham Ho himself has testified that the moment the minister arrived, that was when the chaos started. But when the minster arrived, I was not at the mound as seen from the video.

Francis NG Yong Kiat: Now, I put it to you that not only did you have this intention to disrupt the YMCA Proms @ the Park event, this intention was a common intention that was shared by all those marching together with you and led by you, including your two accused persons here. Agree or disagree?
Han Hui Hui: I disagree because Rome wasn't built in a day and, similarly, people would not just go to Hong Lim Park and march just because I tell them to or just because they want to. There must be a reason such as the YMCA shouting, "We love our CPF", which triggered the Return Our CPF event participants to be angry. And which is why they went to approach Teo Ser Luck and which is why they chanted at the mound even when I was having diarrhea at the toilet and not present at the mound.

Francis NG Yong Kiat: I can put it to you that you intended to organise a demonstration on the 27th of September 2014, without the approval of the Commissioner and---Parks and Recreation, because you wanted to confront the guest of honour at the YMCA event.
Han Hui Hui: I disagree, for if I wanted to confront the guest of honor, I would have done so. When I can just directly go to the guest of honor if that was my intention.

Francis NG Yong Kiat: Waving flags?
Han Hui Hui: There is no evidence of me waving flags.

Francis NG Yong Kiat: Holding placards?
Han Hui Hui: There is no evidence of me touching placards.

Francis NG Yong Kiat: Blowing whistles loudly?
Han Hui Hui: There is no evidence of me touching any whistle.

Francis NG Yong Kiat: And beating drums?
Han Hui Hui: There is no evidence of me beating any drums.

Comments

Sim Garie said…
Our Learned is not so Learned afterall if the contents here is the truth. What is a Public Prosecutor? To prosecute a Public or Work for the interest of the Public?


Popular posts from this blog

The Exodus of Singaporean Lawyers and the label from "The Leader of The Protests" to "The Leader of The Unvaccinated" in Singapore

Different HDB flat types and the varying models.

Alvin & Yuki wedding got cancelled 2months before it happens and Zoe Raymond locked her blog.

SINGAPORE PARLIAMENT Ridout Road Saga: A Conflict of Interest or An Abuse of Power?

PAP & LKY supporters FAN REN RAY & Bryannz FAN RUICHENG from Cuffz Holdings are cheaters who scammed money using "GLOBAL BUSINESS CLUB PTE. LTD."

Review of Diapers in Singapore (10 brands we’ve bought and tried) Pee-Ka-Poo, Drypers, Huggies, Amico, MamyPoko, Merries, Pampers, Offspring, Bambo Nature, Moony

#YearningForJustice : A mother's musings to her future child

Who to vote for in my first Singapore Presidential Election?

Singapore’s judiciary system | “KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT” shouted DPP Francis NG Yong Kiat. Judge kept silent. Judge did nothing.

Senior Director Senior State Counsel DPP Francis NG Yong Kiat VS Deputy Senior State Counsel DPP John LU Zhuoren