Pregnant in Singapore: how to get referral letter from polyclinic to hospital

On 25 March 2019, I tried calling Singapore’s ministry of health, the hospitals and the polyclinics to find out what is the cost of giving birth in Singapore but to no avail.



On 26 March 2019, I decided it’s probably easier to send an email instead:
http://huihui247.blogspot.com/2019/03/what-is-the-cost-of-giving-birth-in-singapore.html

On 27 March 2019, I went for my last antenatal visit under the NHS system as a Human Rights Fellow at the University of York where I got my “fit to fly” signed at 35 weeks pregnant.

As there was no reply from any of the hospitals in Singapore, I was told that I should go down personally the moment I reach Singapore as I was about to give birth anytime.

On 2 April 2019, I went down to the hospital directly:


None of the hospital staff was able to answer my questions, in the end, another mother told me to go to the polyclinic instead:


So I went to the polyclinic and the staff told me that the earliest antenatal appointment was three weeks later:


There was no way for me to wait for three weeks for an antenatal appointment as my baby was gonna be out soon, I went down the next day as a normal consultation:


The waiting hours at the polyclinic were more than four hours from morning till late afternoon:


As usual, there were either ignorant Singaporeans or typical internet brigade spamming comments like one should first make an appointment online.

On 2 April 2019, the website was down when I tried to do it, coincidentally:

On 3 April 209, there was “no slot found” when I tried to do it, coincidentally again:

There were also ignorant Singaporeans or typical internet brigade trying to distract from the issue of long waiting hours by spamming comments like the numbers aren’t called in sequence.

As per the top right hand corner, on 3 April 2019, the earliest appointment was indeed more than four hours later:

Is the Singapore healthcare system simply inefficient?
Or it is just me because this is political persecution?

Popular posts from this blog

Different HDB flat types and the varying models.

The Exodus of Singaporean Lawyers and the label from "The Leader of The Protests" to "The Leader of The Unvaccinated" in Singapore

Alvin & Yuki wedding got cancelled 2months before it happens and Zoe Raymond locked her blog.

SINGAPORE PARLIAMENT Ridout Road Saga: A Conflict of Interest or An Abuse of Power?

PAP & LKY supporters FAN REN RAY & Bryannz FAN RUICHENG from Cuffz Holdings are cheaters who scammed money using "GLOBAL BUSINESS CLUB PTE. LTD."

Review of Diapers in Singapore (10 brands we’ve bought and tried) Pee-Ka-Poo, Drypers, Huggies, Amico, MamyPoko, Merries, Pampers, Offspring, Bambo Nature, Moony

#YearningForJustice : A mother's musings to her future child

Who to vote for in my first Singapore Presidential Election?

Singapore’s judiciary system | “KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT” shouted DPP Francis NG Yong Kiat. Judge kept silent. Judge did nothing.

Senior Director Senior State Counsel DPP Francis NG Yong Kiat VS Deputy Senior State Counsel DPP John LU Zhuoren