Pregnant in Singapore: referral letter to KK Women’s and Children’s Hospital

On 2 April 2019, I went down to both Singapore hospital and polyclinic but was told I have to wait for three weeks later to get an appointment.
On 3 April 2019, I went down to the polyclinic again early in the morning as my baby wasn’t able to wait for three weeks for an appointment to get a referral to the hospital.


After paying $13.20, I managed to get an “Urgency: Direct Access SOC” referral letter, and was also told that I will be given the “appointment details within 4 working days”.



On 9 April 2019, I decided to call the hospital instead.



It was after numerous calls then I managed to secure an appointment to go to the hospital on 15 April 2019.



I was made to do two ultrasound scans in a day:
They made me pay $36 to do a "routine simple scan" where in the first scan, they claimed that my baby was small and told me to pay another $126 to do a "simple scan".
After paying $162, they told me that the first machine wasn't as good but thankfully my baby is healthy and is actually not small but normal.
It’s not just the $162 but also the few hours living in fear when they told me I needed a second ultrasound scan.



After it's confirmed that my baby has moved in the correct position for a natural vaginal delivery that was when I was made to pay another $66 to check the position of the placenta.
I have a hospital report which says that it's cleared but they wanted another report, and that's $228 spent on ultrasound alone in a day.



I was also made to pay:
$13 urine test
$22 specimen collection
$30 blood count test
$50 blood type test
$52 group b streptococcus test
As well as the consultation fee too...



As a Singaporean couple, we are only allowed to withdraw a maximum of $900 from these expenses AFTER my baby is born.
Is Singapore being the world's most expensive country to live in for 6 years in a row the reason why Singapore has the world's lowest fertility rate?

Popular posts from this blog

The Exodus of Singaporean Lawyers and the label from "The Leader of The Protests" to "The Leader of The Unvaccinated" in Singapore

Different HDB flat types and the varying models.

Alvin & Yuki wedding got cancelled 2months before it happens and Zoe Raymond locked her blog.

SINGAPORE PARLIAMENT Ridout Road Saga: A Conflict of Interest or An Abuse of Power?

PAP & LKY supporters FAN REN RAY & Bryannz FAN RUICHENG from Cuffz Holdings are cheaters who scammed money using "GLOBAL BUSINESS CLUB PTE. LTD."

Review of Diapers in Singapore (10 brands we’ve bought and tried) Pee-Ka-Poo, Drypers, Huggies, Amico, MamyPoko, Merries, Pampers, Offspring, Bambo Nature, Moony

#YearningForJustice : A mother's musings to her future child

Who to vote for in my first Singapore Presidential Election?

Singapore’s judiciary system | “KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT” shouted DPP Francis NG Yong Kiat. Judge kept silent. Judge did nothing.

Senior Director Senior State Counsel DPP Francis NG Yong Kiat VS Deputy Senior State Counsel DPP John LU Zhuoren